The Alliance was represented at a recent consultative forum to discuss the Fifth Community Pharmacy Agreement and its role in the delivery of PBS medicines and professional pharmacy services to Australian health consumers. A key question is what community pharmacy would look like for consumers in a perfect world.
The Pharmacy Guild of Australia convened the forum and has invited written submissions to inform its negotiations for the next agreement, due to start in 2015. The Alliance is also giving input to a consultation by Health Management Advisers on behalf of the Pharmacy Guild on possible improvements to the criteria for Home Medicines Reviews.
Keep sending in your experiences with access to medicines, medicines reviews, and dosage administration aids (webster or blister packs). Your stories will help us to illustrate the issues as we follow up our discussion paper on Access to medicines and pharmacy services in rural and remote Australia.
Price Waterhouse Cooper is conducting a review of community pharmacy medication management programs. If you have views and experiences on:
- a medicines review conducted in the home (Home Medicines Review);
- a medicines review conducted in the pharmacy (MedsCheck or Diabetes MedsCheck);
- Dose Administration Aids (webster or blister packs);
- Staged Supply (periodic instalments of medicines); or
- clinical interventions (recommendations or advice received from a pharmacist to prevent or resolve a medicine related problem);
- you can send them to Monica Brabant at PwC at firstname.lastname@example.org