Sixteen champions of better rural health and wellbeing have been elected to the Friends of the Alliance Advisory Committee for the next two years. They will help the National Rural Health Alliance (NRHA) in its work to try to ensure that people living in rural and remote communities have fair access to services and equivalent health outcomes.
“It's a pleasure to congratulate Robyn Williams on her election as Chair of the Friends Advisory Committee”, said Gordon Gregory, CEO of the NRHA.
“Friends of the Alliance help to keep us informed of current issues and provide terrific voluntary support for our work,” Mr Gregory said. “Robyn brings over thirty years' experience of working with Indigenous people from rural and remote communities, primarily in the NT. She has considerable expertise in cross-cultural curriculum development, program implementation and research”.
"The NRHA is an amazing advocate for rural and remote community members. It provides a collective voice for those that otherwise would struggle to be heard,” Robyn said.
Other members of the new Friends Advisory Committee are:
- Cheryl Nichols - Director Eyecare, Optometry Recruitment
- Helen Murray - Kurrumbene Agribusiness
- Janet Fletcher – Primary Health Care Manager, Nauiyu Community
- Robyn Williams – Coordinator, Bachelor of Health Science, CDU
- Dianne Walsh - Deputy Chair, Top End Health Service
- Leone Hinton - Dean, School of Nursing & Midwifery, CQUniversity
- Leanne Nisbet - PhD Candidate, University of Qld
- Kate Osborne - Advanced Clinical Lead Physiotherapist for Country Health SA
- Margie Fahy – NT / SA Manager, Australian Drug Foundation
- Dennis Pashen - GP VMO, Queenstown GP Clinic and Hospital
- Andrew McPherson - CEO Grampians Medicare Local
- John Smith – CEO West Wimmera Health Service
- Lindsay Smoker - Mental Health Advisory Council of Western Australia
- Irene Mills - National Rural Women’s Coalition
- Lynne Strathie - Volunteer Health / Disability / Carer Advocate
- Greg Mundy - Rural Health Workforce Australia
Find out more about Friends of the Alliance at www.ruralhealth.org.au/friends
Gordon Gregory (02) 6285 4660