4th Rural and Remote Health Scientific Symposium, Canberra, 2-3 September 2014
The Australian Primary Health Care Research Institute (APHCRI) is pleased to work with the National Rural Health Alliance (NRHA) to offer financial support to selected delegates to attend the 4th Rural and Remote Health Scientific Symposium. Scholarships will assist with the costs of travel, accommodation and registration, to a maximum of $2,000 per individual.
Details on eligibility/selection criteria and instructions on how to apply are available below.
APHCRI'S STRATEGIC AIMS ARE:
• to support priority-driven primary health care research;
• to increase the capacity to undertake primary health care research; and
• to drive the implementation of research into primary health care policy and services.
Rural and remote health issues have been a priority for APHCRI funded research, with important work being undertaken through Centres of Research Excellence. The Symposium is an important way to help build the relationships and create opportunities for partnerships between researchers, local health service providers and community groups to make the most of high quality research.
ELIGIBILITY AND SELECTION CRITERIA
To be eligible, applicants must demonstrate that they have no alternative means of support to attend (eg from their employer). Priority will be given to applicants who meet one or more of the following criteria.
• Early career researchers who can demonstrate a commitment and track record of working co-operatively with local rural communities and organisations.
• Members of rural and/or remote community organisations/service providers who can demonstrate experience and commitment to partnership with researchers to translate evidence into service change.
• Applicants living in a more remote location where the cost of travel is a barrier to participating in the Symposium.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants are invited to submit a one-page statement addressing the criteria and indicating how their organisation/community will benefit from their attendance at the Symposium.
Please email contact details and application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Successful scholarship recipients will be expected to write 1-2 pages about how they will apply the Symposium's findings to their area of work. This may be used in the follow-up action by the Symposium Management Group.
Applications open: Friday 25 July 2014
Applications close: Friday 15 August 2014
All applicants will receive notification of the outcome of their application on Wednesday, 20 August 2014
For more information visit the 4th Rural and Remote Scientific Symposium website at www.ruralhealth.org.au/symposium2014
Or contact Leanne Coleman on 02 6285 4660