Friends of the Alliance is a network of people and organisations that come together to support the work of the National Rural Health Alliance and provide additional grassroots connections for its work.
Friends of the Alliance supports the objectives of the National Rural Health Alliance, Australia’s peak non-government organisation for rural and remote health. Its Vision is good health and wellbeing in rural and remote Australia.
The Alliance brings together the voices and commitment of 39 national organisations to improve the health and wellbeing of the more than 6.7 million people in rural and remote Australia.
Fundamental to the Alliance’s work is the belief that, wherever they live, everyone should have the opportunity for equal health outcomes, and equivalent access to comprehensive, high-quality and appropriate health services. More information about the Alliance and the work it does can be found on the About Us page.
Click here to become our Friend
Friends keep the Alliance connected and informed
As a Friend you will have opportunity to:
- connect with other likeminded country people,
- have your voice heard on the health needs of your community; and
- share positive solutions.
You can keep us informed by contributing to Partyline magazine, responding to news and opinion pieces on our website or contacting us personally by email or phone. In this way you will provide valuable grassroots connections to help the Alliance better understand the health issues affecting the lives of rural and remote Australians.
You will be kept informed of Alliance activities and polices and you are invited to champion the work of the Alliance in your local communities, in your family and personal networks, and through local media outlets.
Friends with benefits
As a Friend you receive some special benefits to keep you connected, including:
- Partyline, a quarterly magazine produced by the Alliance that features news, opinions and events specific to rural and remote health.
- Discounted registration to the biennial National Rural Health Conference, Australia's pre-eminent event for rural and remote health.
- Access to the Alliance's monthly electronic newsletter eNews.
- Discounted subscription to the Australian Journal of Rural Health.